An IT Support Engineer with experience in Windows Server, Exchange, Office 365, VMware/HyperV, Active Directory, IT Infrastructure, Cable Installations etc. is required to join a small but exciting team that provides exceptional services to their clients.
The potential applicant should be able to:
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems
- Diagnose and solve hardware or software faults
- Replace parts as required
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Support the roll-out of new applicationsRespond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Escalate work to next level when necessary
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Keep up to date with products, services and competitors
- Determine requirements for new systems in the light of business needs.
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience in MS Server Platform
- In depth skills and experience of Microsoft desktop operating systems in enterprises
- Broad IT Infrastructure / end user computing knowledge
- Experience of mainstream commercial End User technologies (Windows, Mac, LINUX, VMware/Citrix)
- Understanding of Remote Support Solutions
- It will be an added advantage to possess:
- Understanding of SQL database components / Design and maintain database structures;
- Experience of creating and maintaining CMS websites (Joomla/WordPress)
- Experience in handling customer accounts and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Full UK Driving License
- ITIL Practitioner
We do try to reply to each application personally, however as you can appreciate we receive a high number of applications for each role we handle and it is not always possible to do this. Therefore, if we do not contact you within 28 days, your application for this particular role has not been successful. However we have retained your CV and we will advise you of future roles that may be of interest.
Note: The list is not exhaustive but indicative and the nature and scope of your duties is subject to change in line with needs of the business.