Key Purpose of Job
Provide high visibility security Static and Mobile guarding at various sites assigned by the company. To apply for this position, you must have Security Industry Qualifications (SIA) Security Officer / Door Supervisor. Beneficial if you have previous experience within the security industry.
- Providing high visibility Static Guarding or Mobile Guarding of company assigned property and provide a visible deterrent regarding security issues on the property.
- Being able to deal with effectively verbal and physical confrontation.
- Confronting individuals whose actions are anti-social or not authorised on client property.
Maintain accurate records and logs of incidents and site visit logs.
- Where applicable, taking enforcement action including taking statements, issuing cautions, writing reports for case files and pocket book entries.
- Liaising with Police, Community Safety Wardens and Client staff to ensure a co-ordinated approach and awareness of local and client issues.
- Dealing with communications from telephone calls and radio users in a professional manner in accordance with operating procedures.
- Exchanging all necessary information to colleagues during shift change.
- Respond to out of hours alarms on a call-out basis
- Provide support and work closely with CCTV Staff.
£7.83 p/h (National Minimum)
Health and Safety Responsibilities
All employees will ensure that they:
- Take care of their own safety and that of others.
- Ensure that products, plant, equipment, vehicles and buildings are not damaged.
- Comply with health and safety procedures and instructions.
- Will not neglect, misuse, damage anything provided in the interest of health and safety.
- Assist by reporting to their Line Manager any hazard, accident, damage or defect in order that remedial action may be undertaken.
- Undergo any training or instruction to enable them to work competently and safely
Key Working Relationships
Assignment Supervisor, Project Manager, Clients designated officer, Police, Community Groups and Government Enforcement Agencies
- All staff must commit to Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discriminatory Practice.
- The Company operates a Smoke-Free Policy and the post-holder is prohibited from smoking in any of the Company’s buildings (including Company owned and Clients buildings, but excluding designated areas), enclosed spaces within the curtilage of buildings, and Company vehicles. Staff will not be released for a break that is specifically for smoking.
- The post-holder is expected to familiarise themselves with and adhere to all relevant Company Policies and Procedures.
- The post-holder must comply with the Company’s Health and Safety requirements.
- Ability to carry out the physical requirements of the role (i.e. manual handling)
- Ability to travel efficiently around the work site in order to carry out duties
- Ability to accommodate unsociable hours
- Ability to accommodate shift patterns
- Ability to accommodate on-call working