We are looking for an IT Support Manager having 03+ years of Supervisory /Managerial experience in multiple sectors of IT. You will be working on in-house as well as client projects. Your main duties include project planning, resource allocation, and project implementation that is in line with the organization’s standards and policies.
- Work with internal staff, clients, and other stakeholders to gather requirements to design and develop desktop and web-based software solutions according to business needs.
- Managing the day-to-day IT operations, networks, and computer systems
- Creating IT project budgets and reallocating resources where necessary
- Directing the recruitment of IT staff and mentoring the in-house IT team
- Ensuring that employees are following computer use, information security and privacy policies.
- Providing regular and up-to-date status reports to stakeholders
- Developing a renewal and upgrade schedule for company software programs
- Running vendor management process to ensure the company’s data security.
- Ensuring that the project is timely by setting time marks.
- Sustaining the project after completion by devising suitable maintenance and troubleshooting methods
- Upgrade existing systems to integrate cutting-edge technologies like Artificial intelligence, Machine learning.
- Design and implement new databases to suit business needs.
- Coordinates training and orientation for new technology users and helps them become familiar with equipment and networks.
- Ensures all users benefit from effective technology and efficient Internet access, and continually assesses needs and requirements.
- Organises support, troubleshooting, and repair for IT equipment and networks.
- Identify and suggest solutions for the technical issues faced by our clients or internal staff using the software systems.
- Research and suggest suitable technology, tools, and technical stacks for both client’s and in-house projects.
- Monitors online security for users and networks and takes appropriate steps to address security breaches if necessary.
- Establishes relationships with technology and component vendors.
- Provides advice and assistance in the procurement, provision, delivery, installation, maintenance and use of IT systems and their environments.
- Research and development in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
- Use of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Automation to improve existing systems and in new systems where required.
- Develops and maintains emergency plans to address equipment, power, or security failure to ensure preservation of technology and data.
- Has a thorough understanding of available technology and research to learn about innovative solutions and new releases?
- Interact with clients and other stake holders throughout software development life cycle to obtain feedback and approval to close the milestones at satisfactory level.
- Ensure and enforce best practices, coding standards and design patterns throughout development team.
- Ensure well tested, well commented code and with necessary documentation.
- Writing and maintenance of technical and non-technical documentations, specifications and recording all procedures.
Education: Master’s in Project Management or Computer Science with knowledge in Artificial Intelligence or related from a reputable University.
- Experience with Computers and Networks, Leadership, Management, Staffing, Written and Verbal Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Computers, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Working Under Pressure, Ability to Meet Goals.
- You should have an extensive background in IT particularly Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) package integration and custom software development.
- Experience in in management either at a lead or support level.
- You should have a track record of delivering IT projects on time and budget.
- Understanding of programming languages: PHP, Python, C++/Java
- Should have understanding of Web development in Laravel MVC Framework
- Comfortable working in Shell scripting, AWS (cloud), Linux and Windows environment
- Experience in CI/CD automation with Ansible or other tools
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and GIT
- Experience in Computer Vision, Robotics and drones
- Experience in Research & Development in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Knowledge of real-time streaming and messaging tools like Kafka, RabitMQ
- Experience in Elastic search, Docker
- Experience in Android and iOS application development
- Knowledge of location based Web services such as Google API
- Experience in customisation of Opensource CMS, Ecommerce, CRM software like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Woocommerce, Opencart, Magento etc.
- Resource planning and budgeting are essential to the success of a project. Applicants with budgeting experience can help an organisation manage and control costs. A proven history in database construction, security and maintenance is a plus.
Note: The list is not exhaustive but indicative and the nature and scope of your duties is subject to change in line with needs of the business.
About the Job
Novus Altair Ltd is the provider of professional security services such as Manned Guarding, Mobile Patrols, Keyholding & Alarm Response Services, and Control Room Services and IT services such as Application development, Networking, Geo fencing, Social media marketing, Web designing & development etc. to a range of businesses across the UK and is currently seeking individuals to promote and expand the business in various regions across the UK.
We do try to reply to each application personally, however as you can appreciate we receive a high number of applications for each role we handle and it is not always possible to do this. Therefore if we do not contact you within 28 days, your application for this particular role has not been successful. However we have retained your CV and we will advise you of future roles that may be of interest.
Novus Altair Ltd. Is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £23,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- English (preferred)
Work Location: In person