We are looking for a software engineer having at least 05 years of commercial software development experience in multiple sectors of software technology. You will be working on in-house as well as client projects. You will develop new systems and maintain existing systems and upgrade legacy systems to integrate new cutting-edge technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Big data.
- Undertake feasibility study to design software solutions.
- Work with internal staff, clients, and other stakeholders to gather requirements to design and develop desktop and web-based software solutions according to business needs.
- Design and develop new software systems by following the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Maintain existing software by fixing errors in programs and writing codes to add new features.
- Upgrade existing systems to integrate cutting-edge technologies like Artificial intelligence, Machine learning.
- Design and implement new databases to suit business needs.
- Optimise and maintain existing systems and databases to improve performance, and where required migrate SQL databases to NoSQL and Big Data technologies.
- Identify and suggest solutions for the technical issues faced by our clients or internal staff using the software systems.
- Research and suggest suitable technology, tools and technical stacks for both client’s and in-house projects.
- Provides advice and assistance in the procurement, provision, delivery, installation, maintenance and use of IT systems and their environments.
- Research and development in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
- Use of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Automation to improve existing systems and in new systems where required.
- Use of Big Data technologies to handle data related issues and to replace existing traditional databases where required.
- Lead and mentor junior team members to ensure smooth delivery of the projects according to requirements and at high standards.
- Interact with clients and other stake holders throughout software development life cycle to obtain feedback and approval to close the milestones at satisfactory level.
- Ensure and enforce best practices, coding standards and design patterns throughout development team.
- Ensure well tested, well commented code and with necessary documentation.
- Writing and maintenance of technical and non-technical documentations, specifications and recording all procedures.
Education: Master’s in Software Engineering or Artificial Intelligence or related from a reputable University
- Experience in applying Artificial Intelligence in practical systems
- Experience in Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Neural Networks and data processing libraries (Tensorflow, Sci-kit learn, Pandas, Scipy, Numpy – at least three or more)
- Experience in Data mining, Data warehousing, ETL
- Experience in handling large volumes of data on SQL, NoSQL and Big Data databases
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and/or Scala
- Experience in programming languages: PHP, Python, C++/Java
- Experience in Web development in Laravel MVC Framework
- Comfortable working in Shell scripting, AWS (cloud), Linux and Windows environment
- Experience in CI/CD automation with Ansible or other tools
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and GIT
- Experience in Computer Vision, Robotics and drones
- Experience in Research & Development in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Knowledge of real-time streaming and messaging tools like Kafka, RabitMQ
- Experience in Elastic search, Docker
- Experience in Android and iOS application development
- Knowledge of location-based Web services such as Google API
- Experience in customisation of Opensource CMS, Ecommerce, and CRM software like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Woocommerce, Opencart, Magento etc.
Note: The list is not exhaustive but indicative, and the nature and scope of your duties is subject to change in line with the needs of the business.
About the Job
Novus Altair Ltd is the provider of professional security services such as Manned Guarding, Mobile Patrols, Keyholding & Alarm Response Services, and Control Room Services and IT services such as Application development, Networking, Geo-fencing, Social media marketing, Web designing & development etc. to a range of businesses across the UK and is currently seeking individuals to promote and expand the business in various regions across the UK.
We do try to reply to each application personally, however as you can appreciate we receive a high number of applications for each role we handle and it is not always possible to do this. Therefore if we do not contact you within 28 days, your application for this particular role has not been successful. However, we have retained your CV and we will advise you of future roles that may be of interest.
Novus Altair Ltd. Is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £23,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- English (preferred)
Work Location: In person